TC Artworks has closed our Raleigh Studio.
“Thank you to all our parents for their love and support. My staff and I have enjoyed all the fun, hugs and laughter we have experienced with our students through the years. I hope all our students will continue their art journey. “
Assisted Virtual Classroom
Working parents are facing a dilemma juggling their work schedule and assisting their children attending school online. Enrolling their children at TC ARTWORKS is the answer to solving your dilemma.
Ms. Tamara ensures your students are on task, she manages any technical issues that may arise, manages your child’s schedule, breaks and lunch breaks.
Enrolling only 8 students MAX per day.
What We Provide:
- Virtual Classroom Instructor: Tamara Clark, Owner of
TC Artworks, NC Certified Educator with 27 years of teaching experience.
- A loving and fun environment to learn.
- High speed internet
- We assist your child with logging in, technical issues they may face during the day.
- Supervise their class assignments and assist your child in completing all assignments
- Offer planned snack breaks. Planned lunch break that includes a movie.
- Interaction with other students in a safe environment.
- We offer a structured outside play time as an outlet from being in front of a computer screen for several hours.
Structured Art Projects will be created during students down-time.
*Drop off 8am and pick up 4pm
Kid's Art Camp
2020 Art Camp Dates
Enrolling Children for Art Camp, Teacher Workdays & Holidays
*Prerequisite for Kindergarten students – children must be in Kindergarten
November 23 – 25
December 28 – 31
January 4 – 8
January 11 – 15
January 18 – 2
- Parents will drop off and pick up at the door and won’t be coming into the building unless escorting students.
- Students will stay 6′ away from other students and practice social distancing.
- Masks will be worn when entering the art studio and during the day.
- All students will be stationed at their own individual tables during art lessons.
- Students may bring their devices to class and use them during breaks. No sharing of devices
- Hand washing will be required upon arrival to camp and during the day. Tables and surfaces will be disinfected with Clorox before, during, and after class.
Max is a Hypoallergenic Australian Labradoodle & in training as a Service Dog.
He has a kind disposition and is very gentle. He loves to dance with Ms. Tamara and catch balls with the students. He loves treats, belly rubs and gives great kisses.
Ms. Tamara started bringing Max to the studio when he was 8 weeks old. Max will turn 2 in September.
Why TC Artworks
We Are a Classroom Community
Our studio spaces and the time we spend together are an extension of the larger community outside of our doors.
Our varied age groups and abilities are work together in the studio classroom. We strive for our students to learn how to both be leaders and how to follow and receive guidance and inspiration from others. We believe in fostering communities where everyone can learn from each other.
We Believe in Upward Learning
Students should have a variety of experiences that come easily as well as those that require more thought, time, and perseverance in order to grow. We nurture and guide students, offering support when they need our assistance, and also encourage independent thinking and problem-solving.
Our students are offered opportunities to explore new materials in interesting ways, a variety of 2D and 3D projects, and the art of other cultures. We encourage a positive, “can do” attitude and respect for self and for others every day. We “teach up” so that students can grow and build self-esteem from their accomplishments.
We Encourage Art for Self-Expression
We believe that art making is important for self-expression. Art is more than just materials, skills, and techniques. At TC Artworks, we believe as much in process as we do product. Through our projects, the environments we create, and the conversations we encourage, students also acquire an appreciation for the ideas and beliefs of a variety of other cultures and the power of their own ideas and choices.
When a student learns how to communicate about the works of others, they can fortify their decision-making skills, and learn about their own unique ideas and perspectives. There is no “right” or “wrong” art-making outcome at TC Artworks.