Art Programs for Children & Adults
Assisted Virtual Classroom
We understand the dilemma parents are facing with juggling at-home virtual learning and their personal work schedule. TC ARTWORKS has developed a plan to help ease the stress for parents and have their children in a safe and fun learning environment.
What We Provide:
- College-Educated Adult Staff to help keep students on task for their school provided online curriculum
- We will be very supportive and accommodating to help students with technical difficulties and assignments
Art Projects will be created on our students down-time.
*Drop off 8am and pick up 4pm
(We will post a detailed day schedule once Wake County makes a decision.)
Kid's Art Camp
Join us For Year Round Track Out Art Camp, Teacher Workdays & Holidays.
2020 Track Out (Oct. 1 -16) & (Dec. 23 – Jan. 22)
Ages: K – 7th Grade
Drop off 8am and Pick UP 4pm
**Children must be attending Kindergarten for at least 2 weeks before they can be enrolled in Art Camp.
- Parents will drop off and pick up at the door and won’t be coming into the building unless escorting students.
- Students will stay 6′ away from other students and practice social distancing.
- Masks will be worn when entering the art studio and during the day.
- All students will be stationed at their own individual tables during art lessons.
- Students may bring their devices to class and use them during breaks. No sharing of devices
- Hand washing will be required upon arrival to camp and during the day. Tables and surfaces will be disinfected with Clorox before, during, and after class.
Max is a Hypoallergenic Australian Labradoodle & in training as a Service Dog.
He has a kind disposition and is very gentle. He loves to dance with Ms. Tamara and catch balls with the students. He loves treats, belly rubs and gives great kisses.
Ms. Tamara started bringing Max to the studio when he was 8 weeks old. Max will turn 2 in September.
Why TC Artworks
We Are a Classroom Community
Our studio spaces and the time we spend together are an extension of the larger community outside of our doors.
Our varied age groups and abilities are work together in the studio classroom. We strive for our students to learn how to both be leaders and how to follow and receive guidance and inspiration from others. We believe in fostering communities where everyone can learn from each other.
We Believe in Upward Learning
Students should have a variety of experiences that come easily as well as those that require more thought, time, and perseverance in order to grow. We nurture and guide students, offering support when they need our assistance, and also encourage independent thinking and problem-solving.
Our students are offered opportunities to explore new materials in interesting ways, a variety of 2D and 3D projects, and the art of other cultures. We encourage a positive, “can do” attitude and respect for self and for others every day. We “teach up” so that students can grow and build self-esteem from their accomplishments.
We Encourage Art for Self-Expression
We believe that art making is important for self-expression. Art is more than just materials, skills, and techniques. At TC Artworks, we believe as much in process as we do product. Through our projects, the environments we create, and the conversations we encourage, students also acquire an appreciation for the ideas and beliefs of a variety of other cultures and the power of their own ideas and choices.
When a student learns how to communicate about the works of others, they can fortify their decision-making skills, and learn about their own unique ideas and perspectives. There is no “right” or “wrong” art-making outcome at TC Artworks.